Fitness Tech and Meds
With the evolving technology that is constantly evolving and ever improving, even having apps on your phones is a thing of last year. In the last few years, smart watches have made a comeback after the first attempt in 1990’s which flopped so badly that most people never heard of it. Now there is the Apple Watch, FitBit, and Galaxy Gear, among the hundreds of others. With all the hype, are these smart watches really necessary, or is it all just an expensive “Techy” accessory?
1. Discreet – You don’t have to fumble through your pockets trying to remember where you put it last because it’s on your wrist! So if you are out on a date or at an event and you want to keep up on the times, you can do so my just looking at your wrist and not have to pull out your phone. It’s also far more discreet if you are in a less than safe area and don’t want to draw attention to yourself.
2. Navigation – Navigation is much more accessible being right on your wrist, so you have both of your hands open to actually doing the navigation.
3. Easier to access notifications – Do you groan every time you hear a Ding on your phone because your phone is hard to get to, but the curiosity is just too much to ignore? A smart watch makes checking your notifications much easier with just the flick of a wrist and the tap of a finger. Even medication reminders because it is important to remember those!
4. Access to your music – What is better than being able to skip a song that you are not in the mood for with the tap of a finger without needing to pull your phone out of your pocket or purse.
5. One touch to answer a call – Answering a call has never been easier. With the touch of a finger, you can answer a call and initiate the speaker phone, which is great if your hands are busy.
6. Fitness tracking – It can be difficult to find space to keep your phone with you when you work out, but a watch is perfect to be your electronic fitness buddy. It can stay with you as you work out, plus keep track of things like your heart rate without you needing to interrupt your work out.
7. Bounds of battery life – One of the most frustrating things that all smart phone users can agree on. Batteries never last long enough. Great news! Smart watches can last days, and you can still have easy access to notifications on your phone, without being tied to the charger. Simply leave your phone to charge and your smart watch will keep you in touch.
8. Customization – you can customize the band, the apps, and the display to match your mood and style.
With all the great things that smart watches can already do, there will be much more to come. Just like phones became the easily accessible computer, smart watches are going to become easily accessible smart phones! MedsMinders is currently undergoing changes to that it will be accessible on smart watches like the FitBit Surge!